We managed a handful of notable accomplishments today.
1. Squeezed in a photoshoot at the bakery before catching the 9:30am ferry back to Saint Pierre.
2. Dale used the word ‘vert’ correctly. Unfortunately, it was to describe the colour of Elise’s face during the ferry ride back to Saint Pierre. The waves were so big even the Gravol got queasy.
3. Complained that there were too many tourists. Overnight ‘our’ town has been infiltrated with visitors arriving for Bastille Day, including a ship carrying 130 individuals from the U.S. Coast Guard.
4. Snuck in a two-hour, seven-day overdue nap.
5. Caught Joël’s band playing at the local pub, La Chauve Souris. One of our Tourist Information helpers came over with her friend and they even bought us a beer.
Mostly today was used to recharge, do a bit of shopping, eat more macarons and have a few drinks.
Retour au travail demain.